Burn Permit Information
Burn permits for the Northern Sonoma County area are issued by the Northern Sonoma County Air Pollution Control District (NSCAPCD).
Following are procedures and information regarding burn permits.
- You can obtain an application for a burn permit at NSCAPCD located at 150 Matheson Street, Healdsburg, CA 95448, 707-433-5911.
- Send your application and appropriate fee to the Northern Sonoma County Air Pollution Control District at 150 Matheson Street, Healdsburg, CA 95448; 707-433-5911
- Burn permits are valid May 1st through April 30th, however, burning is mostly banned during fire season (Mid-May through October, or whenever fire season is declared opened and closed by the State Fire Marshal).
- Follow the directions on your burn permit. Call 565-BURN (2876) to determine the burn day status.
- Call 565-1700 (Central Dispatch) to register your burn.
- As a courtesy, please call the Cloverdale CDF (894-2306) and the Cloverdale fire station (894-3545) to inform us if you will be burning.
- Once you apply with the NSCAPCD, you can easily renew your permit. NSCAPCD will send a renewal form to renew your permit for the next burn season.
- BURNING IN BURN BARRELS IS NO LONGER ALLOWED.
Rules for burning heaps and piles
- Maximum pile size 4 foot diameter
- Area within 10 feet of the outer edge of pile is maintained free and clear of all flammable material and vegetation
- Adult in attendance with shovel until fire is dead out.
- Water supply at burning site
- No burning shall be undertaken unless weather conditions (particularly wind) are such that burning can be considered safe.
For more information about burning, please contact the Northern Sonoma County Air Pollution Control District at 707-433-5911.